Supporting our Employees ensures we better serve our Patients!
AAPC’s CPC certification is the gold standard in medical coding and represents world-class expertise that is highly sought and well compensated by medical organizations across the country.
Medical coding accuracy is key to optimal, ethical reimbursement, which makes medical coders integral to the financial resources of every healthcare organization providing treatment and services to patients. For more than three decades, CPCs have established an unwavering reputation of excellence. The title of Certified Professional Coder therefore comes with high expectations, trust, and respect.
Passing the CPC exam unequivocally demonstrates to employers that you possess:
· Expertise in assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures, and services performed by physicians and other qualified healthcare providers in the office, as well as professional-fee coding as it pertains to facility settings (e.g., inpatient hospital)
· Sound knowledge of coding guidelines and regulations to meet compliance requirements, such as establishing medical necessity, using modifiers appropriately, and observing bundling rules
· Proficiency across a wide range of services, including E/M, anesthesia, surgery, radiology, pathology, and medicine
· Thorough grasp of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology to comprehend clinical documentation and code descriptors
· Understanding of how to integrate medical coding and payment policy changes into a practice’s reimbursement processes.